Do you have an upbeat personality with a passion for making your patients feel safe, valued and cared
for? Are you someone who loves working with adults, but can easily interact with children and teens too?
Are you comfortable communicating with and coaching your patients and/or their parents?If this
sounds like you, we are ready for you to join our team.
We have two locations to serve our patients. One office is in Middleburg, FL. and one is located across
the bridge in Jacksonville, FL. Both offices are in Northeast Florida where you can enjoy a plethora of
outdoor activities and watersports, walk on beautiful beaches, cheer on local sports teams, or enjoy a
five star meal at any number of local restaurants.
Myers Pediatric Dentistry & Orthodontics was founded by Dr. Donnie Myers in 1975 and is now owned
by his son, Dr. Gary Myers. We use the latest techniques and continuously seek out the most innovative
and effective approaches to patient care. We are not a practice focused on exclusive drill and fill.
Instead, we look for less invasive ways to restore teeth. We also believe that building lasting
relationships with our parents and patients is the key to children having a lifetime of healthy dental visits
and happy smiles.
What You’ll Be Working On
- Build lasting relationships with your patients and/or their parents
- Educate patients and/or their parents on the importance of preventative care, the disease
process and the role of bacteria; provide appropriate instruction on home care
- Scales, polishes, and applies fluoride; assists with sealant applications
- Take radiographs as directed by the doctor
- Inspect patient’s oral cavity and chart lesions, existing restorations and present and missing
- Records relevant information in the dental chart to ensure a complete diagnosis and proper
treatment plan by the dentist
- Evaluates gingival health and health of all oral tissue; perform oral cancer exams
- Prepares hygiene bay including, but not limited to, set-up, decontamination, sterilizing and
sharpening instruments, restocking supplies.
- Assists Doctors as needed
- Associates Degree in Dental Hygiene is required
- License is required
- At least one year of experience in a dental practice is required
- Experience treating children preferred
- Ability to work Monday - Thursday
- Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for excellence and taking initiative
- Strong communication skills with a friendly, positive, and supportive demeanor
What’s In It For You
- Work Monday – Thursday
- Competitive Pay based on experience
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance options available
- Full-time position preferred, open to Part-Time