Child's First Dental Visit
When you come for your child’s first visit, you will find that in addition to our office offering an exciting place for you and your children, the doctors and staff provide excellent dentistry and caring service. Our innovative dental office features:
- Digital X-rays for decreased radiation exposure
- 3-D X-ray technology for better, faster orthodontic results
- TVs for patient entertainment and comfort
- PS3s for waiting family members
- Calm and soothing decor for a kid-friendly atmosphere
- Life-size boat for young children to enjoy
- Internet access and Wi-Fi for busy parents
- Dedicated infant care room for a great start to a lifetime of dental health
- Toddler potties for fast, easy access and parents’ peace of mind
We spend the first visit getting to know you and discovering together what needs to be done to protect your child’s smile. The doctor’s exam, along with a conversation with you and your child, will give us a better idea of what your child needs.
If your child’s oral health is excellent, we will likely clean your child’s teeth the first visit. If significant decay is present, we will probably develop a plan to eliminate it before cleaning the teeth.
Depending on your child’s oral health, we may ask you to return for a follow-up consult. For children with increased risk for cavities, we set aside extra time for coaching and communication so we can learn and respect your child’s limitations. For the convenience of patients traveling a greater distance, we may arrange a phone consult for this communication and coaching.
If you have any other questions concerning our new patient visits, please call us at (904) 505-2010. We will happily answer your questions!